Welcome to our DIY Bride section.
You are here because you are either super creative and really want to do your own wedding flowers or you have a very small budget and after getting a number of quotes you realised you may need to do your own wedding flowers to save on costs.
We are working on a number of products and services to service the DIY Bride. We want to inform you, make it easier for you to DIY and provide you with access to supplies.
1. HALF DAY WORKSHOP: How to create a Greenery & Floral table runner
Sunday, 15 October 2017 (your once off opportunity to learn this skill)
Space is limited to 12 people, payment reserves your spot.
Are you dreaming of stunning greenery runners on your wedding tables, but have googled it a million times and you are frustrated as you just can not figure it out!!!! come and join this fabulous workshop! We’ll show you how, the easy way!!!
Included in this workshop:
- Printed notes
- The mechanics behind various methods of greenery & floral runners
- When to use which method
- Our signature method
- Other things that you can do with the same method
- The mechanics and methods on how to put together your greenery runners for a wedding.
- Practical: You will participate in a small team to create a greenery & floral runner. Each person will get a hands-on experience.
Who should attend: If you are a DIY Bride with a bit of a creative side to you, then this workshop will feel like a beginners level workshop.
R 950 per person (INCLUDES EVERYTHING: Printed notes, the class theory & practical, fresh flower stock, supplies and tools for use during the workshop and refreshments).
To book your spot or to ask a question about this workshop please click here.
2. DIY WEDDING FLOWERS CLASS – 21 – 22 OCTOBER 2017
NOTE: THIS WORKSHOP RUNS OVER 2 DAYS from 8:30 – 12:30 on each day / or attend only the practical session on 22 October 2017.
Our last DIY Wedding Flowers workshop for this year – Space is limited, please don’t delay your booking.
Day 1: Market Day – Your opportunity to meet suppliers first hand and to know where and how you will be ordering once your wedding gets closer.
- Meet us at the flower market (full directions will be sent to you). If we have any single brides attending, we will 3 seats to spare and you can meet us at 7:30 at Pink Energy Floral Design and travel with us).
- We’ll take you through some shops where you can view some décor/vases or purchase some if you feel so enclined.
- Time to get up close and personal with your choice of wedding flowers. A visit to the flower market. This is your opportunity to purchase your stock for the practical the following day. Set your own budget and buy accordingly.
- Get together to analyze our purchases and intent for day 2.
Day 2: 22 October 2017 08:30 – 12:30 – Theory & Practical – We’ll go briefly over the theory and then dive right into the practical of how to make your guest table centerpieces and your main table floral pieces. Note: This session will be individualized per each bride with her own choice of décor & flowers!
- Printed workbook included.
- Overview: Colour, linen, candles, hired décor, themes, styling, flower availability, etc.
- Tools & supplies you will need.
- Detailed timeline of when to do what.
- Do’s and don’ts for creating your wedding flowers and how to keep them alive and fresh without a cooler room.
- How to calculate your flower order.
- How to place your flower order.
- How to transport your flowers.
- Practical – personalized session where each bride will create her own guest table centerpiece including arranging the flowers.
Pricing Options for BRIDES:
Select the option best suited for your needs:
- Day 1 & 2 combo (the full flower class):
- Bride only R 1200.00 (includes both days and 1 x workbook and refreshments; excludes travel and purchases)
- Support attendees R 400.00 per person (includes both days and refreshments; excludes workbook, travel, fresh flower stock and centerpiece vases/decor)
- NB: Please bring cash for your fresh flower stock purchases as per the budget you have set for yourself.
- Day 2 only – theory & practical session @ Pink Energy Floral Design
- Bride only R 680.00 (includes day 2 session only, printed workbook and refreshments; excludes fresh floral stock and centerpiece vases/decor)
- Support attendees R 250.00 per person (includes day 2 session only and refreshments; excludes workbook fresh floral stock and centerpiece vases/decor)
- NB: Please bring your own fresh flower stock and vases/centerpiece décor for this session.
Optional extras: Add additional printed workbooks for your support attendees at R 250 per printed workbook.
Optional extras: We will have supplies for sale at the workshop i.e. floral sheers, wire, floral tape, etc.
Potential Savings: Our previous attendees have had great success with what they learnt in the workshop and the average save has been around R 6 000 to R 10 000 on what they would have spent if they hired a professional wedding florist.